Today, this deserves its own post.
- Suburbs pollute more than cities on the great Infrastructurist.com
- The 2010 Dietary Guidelines are out and this is a big deal! Marion Nestle gives her kick-ass two cents
- The Exceptional American Beliefs about Mobility and Inequality has a research-based visual on something I’ve tried over and over to explain to people…
- How Cars Won the Early Battle for the Streets discusses how roads were originally for people, until automobile interests started a PR campaign. Not sure I can use the term ‘jaywalking’ any more.
- Alison, who I posted about last week, came to some conclusions about being a vegan strength athlete
- Oprah and her staff go vegan for a week and vegans on the twittersphere go nuts. My view is that ‘vegan-ish’ diets lead to more vegan food, more vegans and more knowledge about the treatment of animals for food. I fully support vegan-ish because 15 years ago the most militant vegans I knew now eat meat and the vegan-ish folks are still vegan-ish. Michael Pollan continually justifying eating animals? Not so much. More about the book that started it.